Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Hospital Smoking Shelter Ban

I see that the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) want smoking shelters (where patients and staff can have a fag break) at hospitals banned.

Those hospitals that do not ban them could face "disciplinary action".

NICE also want patients to stop smoking before any hospital admissions.

As if patients weren't stressed out enough already by being in hospital!

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

2 comments:

  1. Tonk.7:19 PM

    Firstly, I wish to state that I am not a smoker; never have been and find the mess and smell that appears to go with it horrible.

    Having said that, I find this diktat by NICE ( what an ironic name) really cruel.
    It is reported that nursing staff should not help a patient to go for a fag, they should encourage them to quit. I spent my professional career in forensic psychiatry within the NHS, private hospitals and HMP. I would suggest that if someone was in hospital having suffered a serious life threatening problem, the last thing they would want is someone nagging them or the stress they would feel if deprived of their habbit. I have seen whole wings kick off because someone was unable to get access to a cigarette. As I stated; I hate smoking but, whilst it is legal, then Nanny should not deprive adults of their right to smoke.

    I am really starting to despair at what a nasty authoritarian state we have become; what has happened to live and let live? Why should people who shout the loudest or agree with whichever muppet is is Number Ten at that time, feel they can dictate to other adults, what they can and cannot do, using their own morality or personal predjudices as their guide?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 1977, at the age of 26, I had a serious head injury which left me unconscious for 3 days, semi conscious for several weeks, and unable to work for several months. I was discharged after two weeks, left in the care of my wife. She was a little concerned that I was smoking a lot. She was told by the consultant, with the trauma he has been through, that is the least of your worries, let him enjoy the comfort of a cigarette.
    Don't times change.

    ReplyDelete