Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Question?

Why does my leisure club insist on putting up warning cones, that advise me that the floor is wet and slippery, in and around the showers and swimming pool area?

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Celebrate the joy of living with booze. Click and drink!

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Toys, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

4 comments:

  1. Old Greeny4:11 PM

    Because, my Dear Boy, Nanny loves you, and realises that since you are not one of the "Intelligentsia", you could not possibly realise the dangers. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked for years in pubs and I very often had to point out the obvious to punters.
    One of the most common lines I heard in defence was, "There's no signs????".

    Some people are so stupid they cant think without the aid of signs. Such people would slip in the wet at your club and sue if the signs werent there.

    The problem is, no one ever tells people like that to get bent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:47 AM

    I was in a restaurant in London tonight. When the time came to pay the bill, I handed over a credit card to which the waiter replied: “Sorry, but we can't take credit cards, only cash”.
    Luckily, it just so happened I'd enough cash with me. It turned out they normally did accept cards but their machine had suddenly stopped working. So I said, it would have been a good idea to mention it up front so that people can check first if they've enough cash before ordering, to which he replied that they had put a sign on the door.

    And it was true. They had a sign on the door at the entrance stating that they weren't accepting credit cards but I failed to notice it. So, technically I was as guilty as sin, except that when I normally enter a restaurant I don't start by looking around for signs to work out whether or not the establishment is fully functional.

    I reckon there are times when a quick word or two can be a lot more effective than sticking a sign up with medical doctor hand writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord of Atlantis12:31 PM

    What next? 'Beware, this swimming pool contains water, which may be wet'?

    ReplyDelete